Jeff's Weather Service was created by Jeff Chabot back in November 2003. Its main purpose is to offer current conditions, forecast tools such as the Forecast Animator, and other weather related links. The latest additions to Jeff's Weather Service include: Jeff's Wiki and Traffic from Google Maps.
Jeff Chabot is from Saco, Maine and current lives in Londonderry, NH with his wife, Tracy and sons, Cameron and Colby. Jeff went to Penn State University and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology and an Information Sciences and Technology for Earth and Mineral Science Minor back in May 2003. He is currently employed by The Weather Company, An IBM Business, in Andover, MA.
Website Accolades include:
- My wife, Tracy Chabot, for all of her ideas on Jeff's Weather Service Version 4 and 5.
- Johnnie Woo; for all of his ideas on Jeff's Weather Service Version 5.
- Dan Swank; Major programming contributions with the Forecast Animator, created using GrADS.
- NOMADS from NCEP for the data source to the Forecast Animator.
- The National Weather Service for Watch, Warnings, and Advisories.
- Also, the National Weather Sevice Regional Radar Mosaic sectors.
- Chip Cuccio for writing the original phpwx script, used for Current Conditions.
- National Weather Service New Forecast-at-a-Glance icons.
- Weather Underground is data source for the Current Conditions.
- The Weather Channel for Current Temperatures.
- Intellicast (WSI Corporation) for Latest Surface Analysis, Weather Type Radar, and Radar Summary maps.
- The Storm Prediction Center for their Activity Chart, and Watch, Warning, and Advisory maps.
- NOAA Satellite Service Division for their Satellite Imagery & Sea Surface Temperature maps.
- The National Center for Atmospheric Research for their Forecast maps.
- The National Hurricane Center for their Tropical Weather Outlook maps.
- Google Maps for Traffic data.
- Icons used from FAMFAMFAM.com.
- Easy Designs for the ReplaceSelect scripting.
- Bavotasan.com for Styling a Select Box Using Only CSS.